How do I sign up for class?
There are two different ways to sign up for class.
- In Store: Just ask any Artful Bead Staff Member and they will be happy to sign you up.
- By Phone: Call any time during normal business hours and we will be happy to put you in the book.
How many students to a class?
Most of our classes are limited to 6 students. We like to keep our classes small to ensure that students will receive more one on one attention.
Can I pay for classes with a credit card?
Payment for classes are paid directly to the instructor by cash or check only.
Can I show up the day of class?
We request that you sign up at least 48 hours ahead of time in order for the class to “make”. Instructors are notified the day before class whether anyone has signed up. If no one has signed up for class, the class “did not make” and therefore the instructor will not be available in store to teach class.
Is there an age limit?
Many of our classes are beginner level and children as young as 8 years old have taken and thoroughly enjoyed the classes. We do recommend that young children be eager and willing to take the class, otherwise it could be a disappointing experience for everyone. The metalsmithing classes require that students be at least 18 years old or 14 years old with a guardian also taking the class to participate for liability reasons. Please contact the store, if you have any questions or concerns.
What if I arrive late?
Unfortunately, classes need to start on time. Please call the store if you expect to be a few minutes late. Usually, we have multiple classes scheduled and delays will impede on the time for the next class.
Is there a class cancellation policy?
Yes. We require at least a 24 Hour notice by phone during normal business hours or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a $15.00 cancellation fee* will be charged. (*Some exceptions apply.)
Do you offer private instruction?
Yes. A private class can be scheduled during normal business hours for a $35.00 per hour fee. Private classes can be scheduled on any day as long as an instructor and the classroom is available. Please call the store for more information.
More Helpful Tips:
- Please arrive 20-30 minutes before class to select any materials you might need for class.
- Please turn off your cell phone. If you must take a phone call, please excuse yourself from class to keep distraction at a minimum from the instructor and other students.
- Any time you take a class at the Artful Bead, you will receive a 15% discount off your purchase except for books and classes.
- Have fun, this one is mandatory!